After the great success of the last CPCRetroDev last year it is time for a new game competition in 2017 again, isn’t it? This year, you can win around 1100 EUR in all different categories. As usual the competition is organised by the University of Alicante (UA) / Spain and aims to award the best and creative game developers, who create a game for an unmodified Amstrad CPC 464. The deadline for this years competition is the 31st October 2017, 23:59h (CEST), so don’t waste any time and start the development of your awesome game (you will find a countdown on the top right of this page :)).
If you are not familiar with development for the Amstrad CPC, you can have a look at the CPCtelera game development kit, the great programming tutorials on CPCMania, the CPCrslib programming library or cpcitor’s development toolchain. As always you can find help in the CPCWiki forums.
You can achieve the following awards (all in all about 1.100 EUR!!!):
- Official Awards (1.100 €)
- Special Mentions
- 100 € – Gominolas to the best music
- 100 € – Carlos Abril to the funniest game
- 100 € – Pablo Ariza to the best Artificial Intelligence
- PRO Category
- 300 € – Best game
- 175 € – Second best game
- 100 € – Third best game
- 50 € – Fourth best game
- 25 € – Fifth best game
- UA Category
- 100 € – Best game made by UA students
- 50 € – Second best game made by UA students
- Additional Awards
- RetroSpiel Award
- German enterprise RetroSpiel will award with a physical publication, distribution and selling of an extended version of games presented by two selected teams.
You can get more information about the competition rules and about the competition itself on the CPCRetroDev 2016 homepage. Be sure to participate and bring your creative game ideas to the Amstrad CPC.