A new version of the SDCC C compiler is available. You can use SDCC to develop for the Amstrad CPC, e.g. with using the SDCC Code::Blocks template or the programming tutorials by Mochilote. The new version contains a lot of optimisations for the Z80 backend again, so be sure to update. You can download it from http://sdcc.sourceforge.net.
- Many small improvements in code generation for the z80-related ports – merged smallopts branch
- lospre (currently enabled for z80-related and hc08-related ports only) – merged lospre branch
- More efficient initialization of globals in z80, z180, r2k and r3ka ports.
- Inclusion of tests from the gcc test suite into the sdcc regression test suite led to many bugs being found and fixed.
- Split sdas390 from sdas8051
- Merged big parts of ASxxxx v5 into sdas
- New pic devices (synchronization with MPLABX 1.60). (Except for very old MCU-s.)
- New script which disassembles those hex files, in which MCS51 code there is. (mcs51-disasm.pl)
- Added the PIC16F1788 and PIC16F1789 devices.
- C11 _Alignof operator.
- C11 _Alignas alignment specifier.
- C11 _Static_Assert static assertion.
Numerous feature requests and bug fixes are included as well.