McKlain, who is well known for the music in several Amstrad CPC productions (e.g. Wake Up, Breaking Baud, Space Moves, Megablasters: Escape from Castle in the Clouds and even the all-time favourite Nyan Cat remix ;-)), has just released an album on Bandcamp with his CPC music. Be sure to listen to it and maybe you also have some money left over after christmas to buy the album ;-).
TRSI released a new musicdisc for the Amstrad CPC on the Nordlicht demoscene party. The disc features 7 tunes by Virgill, which you can select in a nice menu. It was also ranked 1st in the wild competition of the Nordlicht party. You can download the musicdisc at the end of this posting or from Pouet.net (don’t forget to vote :-)) and if you don’t want to listen to the tunes on the real machine or an emulator, you can listen to them on Soundcloud.
CPC vs Virgill musicdisc by Tristar & Red Sector Inc.. It features 7 tunes by Virgill and ranked 1st at the Nordlicht demoscene party.
|Author:||Tristar & Red Sector Inc. (TRSI)|
|Date:||July 6, 2016|
The Revision demoparty in Saarbrücken / Germany is just over and it was – as always – a great event and some CPC users attend to the meeting, too. We also saw two music entries produced on a CPC which competed in the “Oldskool Music” category. So here are the results of the category in which the CPC competed (you can find the complete results here).
- Club Revision by Winks/Fairlight – 806
- calculated by Andy/Nuance – 784
- Don’t Punish My Sync Claire by Factor6/Gemba Boys^Hooy-Program – 755
- 8-Bitburgers by fegolhuzz/Panda Design – 752
- A Computer In My Backpack (And A Chiptune In My Heart) by lft – 696
- Kiss Her Beard by AceMan/Appendix^Dreamweb – 636
- Ask Mommy by Dascon/Deadliners^Desire – 631
- Sound of Cracktro by RAFT^TRSi – 621
- Remembrance by Stinsen/Genesis Project – 615
- Electric Donkey Muscles by RoccoW/Poo-Brain – 596
- Pokey Balboa by Triace/Desire^Insane – 592
- 21 Jump-Up Street by Hoffman and Teis – 586
- Insomnia Run by Radiant/Panda Design – 583
- Orch-OR by YERZMYEY/HOOY-PROGRAM^AY-RIDERS – 550
- Chip Trills by Juice – 544
- SONNEAUSMARSCH! by Spider Jerusalem/TRSi / Mayday! – 541
- Back In Space by Curt Cool/Depth Nah-Kolor & AMP & Hoaxers & Bitworld – 533
- SIDharta goes trauma by Qdor/Panda Design – 493
- Revised by LiSU_VV8/Tristesse – 444
- Out by bod/AttentionWhore – 436
I have linked the Amstrad CPC tunes directly in the results. You can find the complete downloads of the Oldskool Music compo on Scene.org.
UPDATE: Here is the live video of the Oldskool Music compo.
Augusto Ruiz released a new version of his music tracker, which is written in .NET, so it runs under Windows and systems, which are supported by the Mono .NET runtime. It can be used to write music for Amstrad CPC, Spectrum or MSX systems, so it is a nice tool for cross-development. The assembly source code of the WYZPlayer is included and Augusto is also working on a “port” for SDCC / CPCtelera.
The new version features envelopes for drums, loops to a specific pattern and it is easier to select the drum and sfx channel in the player.
Do not hesitate, download the latest version and test it by yourself!
SuTeKH/Epyteor wants to produce a Christmas album containing a lot of different christmas tunes and so he is searching for musicians who will contribute a music for this CPC music disc, which will be (obviously) released later this year. There are no special requirements, so you are free to choose your music style. Here are the “rules” for the music disc:
- All contributions will be released; so even if you’re not a musician (like me), you can get your hard work released on your favourite 8-bit computer!
- All contributions will be FULLY credited. Any shout-outs you want, then add them! Why not?
- The tunes must be either Arkos or STarkos format (I can also play .ayc/.ym tunes if people prefer using PT3 or VortexII)
- There are no time constraints; if your song is 55 minutes long, then 55 minutes long it is.
- Make sure the song isn’t too large in size; this Christmas album will have to work on all CPC formats (ie in 64k).
- For now, NO SAMPLES! I know this could be a bugger for Christmas tunes, but I’ll have to see how much space is left to handle samples before committing to accepting sampled releases.
So if you are able to contribute anything to this music disc, head over to the CPC Wiki forums and posting or PM there.