Right in time before the start of the next year, Prodatron released his alternative operatingsystem SymbOS in version 1.1. The main feature of the new version is the support of the MSX2 system. All aplications can run on both systems without changing their sourcecode.
Here are some of the other changes (you can see the full list here):
- “AUTOEXEC” – you can now specify programs which can be automatically loaded on system startup
- Bugfix for double redraws
- CPC: autoboot – when starting the CPC you can hold CTRL key down and directly start with SymbOS
- CPC: screenroutines for Mode 1 have been optimized
- Pac-Man – clone of the Pacman game for SymbOS
- Pocket Calculator – completly rewritten calculator with scientific mode
- Symbiface II ROM manager – displays RSX commands of “expanded” ROMs
- … and much more …
Go and get you copy from http://www.symbos.de.