SAMdisk is a tool to convert floppy disks into various disk images which can be used in emulators. It works with almost all PC floppy controllers and supports also some copy-protected formats. It requires that you have fdrawcmd.sys, a low-level floppy disk driver, installed on your system.
You can download the latest version from the SAMdisk website.
- Added support for KryoFlux and DiscFerret stream images (MFM+FM)
- Added preliminary support for D4M (FD-4000) disk images
- Added hex output with –hex or -x, with limited hex using –hex-ish
- Added –no-gap4b to ignore gap data after the final sector
- Added –abs-offsets to show absolute rather than relative sector offsets
- Fixed ‘extra byte’ EDSK extension being used unnecessarily on CRC errors
- Fixed crash during CPC weak sector sniffing due to no-data 4th sector
- Fixed regular image reading reporting transient disk errors
- Improved support for ED images, including 2.88M raw images
- Improved gap reading support for IPF images
- Changed raw track parsing to ignore headers with ID CRC errors
- Changed raw image writing to use only first cyl to determine format
- Relaxed D2M sniffing by removing system partition type (0xff) check
- Reduced gap sync requirement to remove more unwanted gaps