Docent wrote a decompressor the the LZ4 compression algorithm, which can be used on any Zilog Z80 CPU. The focus of the LZ4 compression algorithm is a fast decompression speed and a small decompression routine. The size of Docents version of the decompression routine is 219 bytes (raw decompression routine under 110 bytes) and it supports the legacy and the newest LZ4 format (except for framing).
You can download the latest version of the decompression code here or at the end of this news.
- decompresses files packed by lz4 command line packer and raw lz4 compressed data
- supports legacy and the newest lz4 file format (except framing)
- fully relocatable code
- total size of 219 bytes size with raw decompression routine below 110 bytes
- cpc firmware friendly (no alternate register set used)
- ROM friendly – no self modifying code or additional memory required
- simple interface – only start of file in memory and target memory destination required
This archive features the LZ4 decompression routine by Docent, which can decompress files which were compressed with the LZ4 compressor by Yann Collet. Its advantage is the small decompression routine size and high decompression speed.
|Date:||December 31, 2016|