OffseT released a new version of his emulator for the MorphOS operating system. It emulates the Amstrad CPC old generation and the Amstrad Plus, too. The emulator was written from scratch, so it isn’t just a port of an existing open source Amstrad CPC emulator. Due to its very precise audio and video renderings, ACE should be your first choice to watch demos – if you have a MorphOS system around.
If you are a MorphOS user and want to use your Amstrad CPC software under MorphOS, don’t hesitate and download it from the ACE homepage.
- Reworked layout of several windows.
- Updated german catalog (Stefan ‘polluks’ Haubenthal).
- Added new icons for GUI, drawers, plugins and filetypes (Mathieu ‘Hwikaa’ Delaruelle).
- Re-optimized emulation speed that had deteriorated in version 1.13 (ACE is now 5% faster).
- Greatly improved CRTC 0 emulation.
- Fixed some minor issues in emulation of CRTC 1, 3 and 4.
- Improved internals to ease portability on AmigaOS and AROS.
- Added support for breakpoints on Maxam and WinAPE BRK opcodes.
- Improved some AREXX commands.
- Updated the cross-development examples to use vasmz80_oldstyle assembler instead of pasmo.