I guess that you have already seen the great demo “Logon’s run – 3D meets the aging bits” by Overflow / Logon System, which was released on the Revision 2017 demoparty in Saarbrücken / Germany. Norecess worked together with Overflow and released a “Making of” on his site in which all the techniques, which were used in the demo, are explained and how they were evolved until they reached the final state. Be sure to read it, because it is a great way to understand how this great demo works and maybe you get an idea for your next production :-). You can find the article on Norecess homepage.
The oldskool competition on the Revision 2017 is just over and I have uploaded the live footage from the latest demo of Logon System: Logon’s run. Enjoy it:
About 2 years ago we celebrated the 30th anniversary of our beloved Amstrad CPC and three more years ago the call for participation to produce a “megademo” was started, which should be released on the 30th anniversary to celebrate the Amstrad CPC. Ok, it is a little late, but finally the megademo was released on the ReSeT #28 demoparty in Coutances / France… and it was worth to wait for it :-)!!!
The demo consists of different parts by various demosceners, which can be selected in a small menu part at the beginning of the demo. For those who do not want to wait, you can watch the recorded demo in the video below, but – as always when viewing demos – the demo looks best on the real hardware. So you should download it from Pouet.net (do not forget to vote for it) and run it on the real hardware!!!
A big “Thank you!” flies to all the people who participated in the production of this demo!!!
The Revision demoparty in Saarbrücken / Germany is just over and it was – as always – a great event and some CPC users attend to the meeting, too. We also saw two music entries produced on a CPC which competed in the “Oldskool Music” category. So here are the results of the category in which the CPC competed (you can find the complete results here).
- Club Revision by Winks/Fairlight – 806
- calculated by Andy/Nuance – 784
- Don’t Punish My Sync Claire by Factor6/Gemba Boys^Hooy-Program – 755
- 8-Bitburgers by fegolhuzz/Panda Design – 752
- A Computer In My Backpack (And A Chiptune In My Heart) by lft – 696
- Kiss Her Beard by AceMan/Appendix^Dreamweb – 636
- Ask Mommy by Dascon/Deadliners^Desire – 631
- Sound of Cracktro by RAFT^TRSi – 621
- Remembrance by Stinsen/Genesis Project – 615
- Electric Donkey Muscles by RoccoW/Poo-Brain – 596
- Pokey Balboa by Triace/Desire^Insane – 592
- 21 Jump-Up Street by Hoffman and Teis – 586
- Insomnia Run by Radiant/Panda Design – 583
- Orch-OR by YERZMYEY/HOOY-PROGRAM^AY-RIDERS – 550
- Chip Trills by Juice – 544
- SONNEAUSMARSCH! by Spider Jerusalem/TRSi / Mayday! – 541
- Back In Space by Curt Cool/Depth Nah-Kolor & AMP & Hoaxers & Bitworld – 533
- SIDharta goes trauma by Qdor/Panda Design – 493
- Revised by LiSU_VV8/Tristesse – 444
- Out by bod/AttentionWhore – 436
I have linked the Amstrad CPC tunes directly in the results. You can find the complete downloads of the Oldskool Music compo on Scene.org.
UPDATE: Here is the live video of the Oldskool Music compo.
The ReSeT #20 demoparty in Coutances, France is over and it is time for the releases and the meeting reports. You can find the releases from the party – as always – on the Push’n’Pop homepage. Here are the results of the competitions:
- Slideshow Paint ASCII CPC (24)
- Intro ASCII 1K (6)
- Mammouth by Barjack & Grim (168)
- Condense loves Pulpo Corrosivo by CeD / Condense (136)
- Bat-Moule by Beb / Vanity (127)
- ReSeT XX by CeD / Condense (93)
- Bubbles of the mind by MacDeath (83)
- Lines Up Forms Fill Yeah!! (Amstrad Plus) by Kukulcan (29)
- Bora-Bora by Sicca (24)
- Two Years by Brink (47)
- Chemin by Madram / Overlanders (36)
- Tigres et Pirates by Garvalf (7)
You can discuss the competition entries in the CPCWiki forums.