I guess that you have already seen the great demo “Logon’s run – 3D meets the aging bits” by Overflow / Logon System, which was released on the Revision 2017 demoparty in Saarbrücken / Germany. Norecess worked together with Overflow and released a “Making of” on his site in which all the techniques, which were used in the demo, are explained and how they were evolved until they reached the final state. Be sure to read it, because it is a great way to understand how this great demo works and maybe you get an idea for your next production :-). You can find the article on Norecess homepage.
The Revision 2017 is over and I have already uploaded my recorded videos of the Amstrad CPC demo / intro entries in the previous news postings. Finally, the official results are only now and the downloads of Overflows and Krustys demos are still missing, but you can find them – as always – at the end of this news or on Pouet:
- Logon’s run – 3D meets the aging bits oldskool demo by Overflow, Tom&Jerry / Logon System
- Wunderbar 4k intro by Krusty, Targhan, voxfreax / Benediction & Arkos
And finally the results of the Revision. I have highlighted the entries by Amstrad CPC sceners:
Wunderbar by Krusty / Benediction & Arkos is a 4k Intro that was released on the Revision 2017 demoscene party in Saarbrücken / Germany. It was ranked on the 4th place in the 4k Intro compo.
|Author:||Krusty, Targhan, voxfreax|
|Date:||April 18, 2017|
Logons Run - 3d Meets The Aging Bits by Overflow / Logon System is a Oldskool Demo that was released on the Revision 2017 demoscene party in Saarbrücken / Germany. It was ranked on the 2nd place in the Oldskool Demo compo.
|Date:||April 18, 2017|
Krusty participated in the 4k Oldskool competition on the Revision 2017 with another Amstad CPC intro and I also had the time to record a video and upload it… Enjoy!
The oldskool competition on the Revision 2017 is just over and I have uploaded the live footage from the latest demo of Logon System: Logon’s run. Enjoy it:
The Revision demoparty in Saarbrücken / Germany is just over and it was – as always – a great event and some CPC users attend to the meeting, too. We also saw two music entries produced on a CPC which competed in the “Oldskool Music” category. So here are the results of the category in which the CPC competed (you can find the complete results here).
- Club Revision by Winks/Fairlight – 806
- calculated by Andy/Nuance – 784
- Don’t Punish My Sync Claire by Factor6/Gemba Boys^Hooy-Program – 755
- 8-Bitburgers by fegolhuzz/Panda Design – 752
- A Computer In My Backpack (And A Chiptune In My Heart) by lft – 696
- Kiss Her Beard by AceMan/Appendix^Dreamweb – 636
- Ask Mommy by Dascon/Deadliners^Desire – 631
- Sound of Cracktro by RAFT^TRSi – 621
- Remembrance by Stinsen/Genesis Project – 615
- Electric Donkey Muscles by RoccoW/Poo-Brain – 596
- Pokey Balboa by Triace/Desire^Insane – 592
- 21 Jump-Up Street by Hoffman and Teis – 586
- Insomnia Run by Radiant/Panda Design – 583
- Orch-OR by YERZMYEY/HOOY-PROGRAM^AY-RIDERS – 550
- Chip Trills by Juice – 544
- SONNEAUSMARSCH! by Spider Jerusalem/TRSi / Mayday! – 541
- Back In Space by Curt Cool/Depth Nah-Kolor & AMP & Hoaxers & Bitworld – 533
- SIDharta goes trauma by Qdor/Panda Design – 493
- Revised by LiSU_VV8/Tristesse – 444
- Out by bod/AttentionWhore – 436
I have linked the Amstrad CPC tunes directly in the results. You can find the complete downloads of the Oldskool Music compo on Scene.org.
UPDATE: Here is the live video of the Oldskool Music compo.