A new version of Sugarbox, a new Amstrad CPC emulator for Windows, was released. The main feature of the new version is the support of online libraries like CPC-Power and Amstrad.eu. Another interesting feature is the support for black frame insertion, which will provide a smooth scrolling on 100hz capable displays.
Be sure to test the new version of the emulator and download the latest version from http://sugarbox.free.fr.
- [General]: Optimisations (Emulation is about 15% faster)
- [General]: Generic Joystick are supported through Direct Input. 2 Joysticks can be used, in the order they appear in the os. Work with Xbox controler, as well as standard usb joystick.
- [SNR]: Add feature to watch SNR file (playbacks) – Preliminary
- [Z80]: Fixed timing issue in interrupt following some opcodes
- [Z80]: Fixed incorrect R increment for DD CB and FD CB instructions
- [FDC]: Fixed « Format » command. Now, a Format command from discology (for example) produce a disk that is correct.
- [FDC]: Fixed the MSR, that was not handled correctly. This fix Bobby bearing and Camelot warriors original dsk.
- [FDC]: Fixed the Step Rate Time computation, which was twice longe than expected
- [FDC]: Fixed behaviour with SK bit and deleted sectors (making Nigel Mansell works)
- [FDC]: Fixed how read track over the index hole works. The current sector is finished,then the command is ended (fix Skyx)
- [eDSK]: Fixed an incorrect behaviour with non formatted tracks on some dump. This prevents Bobby Bearing (UK) (1986) (CPM)
- [Original].dsk to crash when trying to load
- [eDSK]: Fixed some rare problematic case with offset-info datas
- [CT-Raw]: Fixed write bug when multiple revolutions exists (which somewhere shifted what’s written, leading to CRC error). Fix « Le maitre absolu » in ct-raw format
- [Memory]: Fixed a bug in the PAL, preventing SymbOs to use full memory.
- [GUI]: Fixed missing space and enter for Autotype
- [GUI]: Added a PAUSE feature, accessible via menu or the « Pause » key on the keyboard
- [Z80]: Fixed a rare bug that can lead to potential unwanted deadlock with HALT command
- [TAPE]: FAST loading enabled : If a tape is read, refresh are cut, so speed can be 2 to 3 time faster.
- [Display]: SDL2 lib is now used. Fullscreen option is now better, as it can be fully configured. Also, black screen insertion for 100hz display can be used for buttery smooth scrollers
- [Display]: Screen size and position is now more correct
- [Display]: Screenshots are now better (and without any toolbar)
- [Printer]: A really basic printer is now plugged ! You can see print result in the PRINT directory. (no graphical printing is done, only text)
- [Online libraries]: Preliminary integration of CPC-Power and Amstrad.eu online libraries.