The guys at Eurogamer had a look at the arcade conversions for the Amstrad CPC and made a small movie which compares the original with its CPC counterpart. Have a look at it and see how good the chosen conversions are: http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=6429
MiguelSky just released a new version of his CPCGamesCD. The CPCGamesCD is a browsable database which contains nearly all games for the Amstrad / Schneider CPC. Maybe you know the frontends for Mame32 – the CPCGamesCD aims in the same direction.
And here are the changes since the last version:
- Includes frontend, new CPC Loader 2 Beta by Troels K
- NVG games update 06.11.2007
- Includes Snap-Pack by MiguelSky (3491 images). Some images corrected
- Included new version of CPCE (1.85) and WinAPE (2.0a15) emulators
- Improved categorization
- Apps (utils/cpc) and Cartridg folders of NVG are included
CNGSoft released a new version of his CPC emulator for DOS, DPMI and Windows called CPCE. This emulator is written in 100% assembly. You can download the newest version from the CPCE homepage.
Here are the changes:
- serious bugfix in Symbiface II emulation
- disable option for tape speedup
- improvement for ZIP handling in the Windows version
Richard Wilson just released a new version of his great CPC emulator called WinApe. As always, you can download it from the WinApe homepage.
There are way too much changes in the new version (see whats-new.rtf in the ZIP package), so here are just the most important ones:
- configuration profiles
- improved sprite emulation
- assembler and debugger improvements
- a lot of other bugfixes