Mochilote released another update of the great CPCDiskXP utility. With CPCDiskXP you can transfer disk images to real floppy disks and vice versa on the Windows OSs. You can download it from the CPCMania website and at the end of this news.
- DSK to Floppy – Now you can choose between two methods of writing to disk: “Low Level Driver” and “USB Floppy Drive”. The option “USB Floppy Drive” will be only enabled when the format is compatible with the USB floppy writing method.
- GENERAL – Now the program is able to format the disk when writing on USB floppy drives. Now that the program format and write, is no longer necessary to preformat the disk from windows.
- GENERAL – Eliminated warnings that the Low Level Driver is not installed at starting the program. Now that you can write to USB floppy is not necessary to show the warning every time.
- DSKEditor – New feature/button to “Add Files From Another Dsk” (or zip containing Dsk’s) to easily add files that are in other Dsk without extracting them. As you can add files from one Dsk format to another Dsk format, this is also a format converter.
- DSKEditor – Support for creating/editing two new IBM formats: Single Side, 42 Tracks, 168K (162K Free) and 65 Tracks, 260K (254K Free) [3.5″ only, hack for AMSDOS]. Both can be written on USB floppy drives and both can be used / read in standard Amstrad CPCs.
- DSKEditor – Support for creating/editing a new PCW/+3DOS format: Single Side, 42 Tracks, 189K (182K Free). It can be written on USB floppy drives and it can be used / read in standard PCW or ZX Spectrum +3.
- DSKEditor – Support for creating/editing a new ROMDOS D1 format: Double Side, 80 Tracks, 720K (716K Free). It can be written on USB floppy drives.
- DSKEditor – Support for creating/editing a new CPC DATA format: Single Side, 57 Tracks, 256K (254K Free) [3.5″ only, hack for AMSDOS]. It can be used / read in standard Amstrad CPCs.
- DSKEditor – Support for creating/editing a new CPC SYSTEM format: Single Side, 59 Tracks, 265K (254K Free) [3.5″ only, hack for AMSDOS]. It can be used / read in standard Amstrad CPCs.
- DSKEditor – Now when creating a new Dsk you can filter the list of formats to choose from. There are 5 filters: “All Formats”, “Amstrad CPC Standard Formats”, “Amstrad CPC With Modified ROM Formats”, “USB Floppy Drive Compatible Formats” and “Amstrad PCW / ZX Spectrum Formats”. With these filters is very clear on which platform each format works.
With CPCDiskXP you can transfer emulator disk images (DSK) to a floppy disk.
|Date:||March 14, 2014|