Lachlan Keown released a new version of his Retro Game Asset Studio (RGAS). With RGAS you can design various asset types (sprites, sound / music, levels) for different retro computers (Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum). It is a cross-development tool, which runs on the .NET runtime under Windows and with Mono it can be used under Linux, too. It is also one component which is included in the CPCtelera game development framework.
The latest version can be downloaded from the RGAS CPCWiki page.
- Upgraded to .Net Framework 4.0 from 3.5
- Copying pixels from sprite stores both text(JSON) and bitmap data on clipboard
- Sprite list now maintains position on refresh
- Sprite list allows multi-select drag re-order
- Level designer allows editing of level parameters
- Level designer has gridlines option
- Level designer image quality improved
- Level designer allows duplicating of levels
- Amstrad font samples available when creating new project
- Change output format from drop-down menu on toolbar
- Add tooltip to tiles on level designer for sprite name
- Single portable .exe rather than a collection of .dlls
- Performance improvements under Linux