You have a great idea for an awesome Amstrad CPC game? You want to use a cross-compiler and all your powerful tools on your PC? You don’t know where to start to develop for the Amstrad CPC? Then you should definitively have a look at CPCtelera, a new game engine for the Amstrad CPC, which is based on the SDCC C compiler. It has a very good documentation, a lot of examples and is available for Windows, Linux and OS-X.
You can get the latest version from the official homepage or download it from GitHub.
- A low-level library with support for: graphics, audio, keyboard, firmware, strings, video hardware manipulation and memory management.
- An API for developing games and software in C and Assembler.
- A complete multi-platform building system with support for building CDTs and DSKs automatically.
- Tools for content authoring (audio, graphics and level editing)
Aims of CPCtelera
- Delivering a convenient, usable and fast environment for developing games
- Providing an up-to-date, detailed and easy to consult documentation
- Giving technical details of the complete implementation for those curious
- Easing the install and configuration process