A new version of CPCtelera, the Amstrad CPC game framework for C developers, was just released in version 1.4.2. CPCtelera offers a huge C library for the SDCC C cross-compiler, which makes it easier to create games and applications for the Amstrad CPC. This version mainly contains a new version of the SDCC compiler (v3.6.8), which is more efficient, creates better code and contains several bugfixes, but there are also some nice little features, which were added, too (see the ChangeLog for more details). It is available for Windows, Linux and OS-X. You can get the latest version from GitHub and discuss it in the CPCWiki forums.
Changes in v1.4.2:
- Updated SDCC compiler from version 3.5.5 to newest version 3.6.8 (revision 9946). New version is much more efficient, generates better code and solves some bugs from previous one.
- Added automatic Arkos Traker 1 AKS music conversion. It is done through the makefile macro AKS2C, which is easily added in config file cfg/music_conversion.mk
- Added project support for Visual Studio Code IDE. All CPCtelera projects can now be opened and compiled in VS Code. Moreover, intellisense and keyboard shortcuts for automaticly running games are easily added.
- Documented VS Code integration, with plenty of information for users on how to set up projects.
- Documented Automatic Conversion Tools for Music, Graphics and Tilemaps. This will greatly help users on fastly and comfortably integrating asset production in their projects without having to bother to convert them when they change.
- Added support for drawing tiles using gray code order and making use of the stack. Really fast method for advanced users.
- Added troubleshooting section to the documentation in order to help users with common issues.
- Fixed issue in iDSK: it was overwritting files with same name but different extension.
- Added Support for Paged Memory and use of memory beyond 64K.
- Added z88dk speculative optimization peepholes for advanced users wanting to experiment with advanced optimization.
- Added new asm examples with animations, music and data structures: greetcardmusic/ and structs/.
- Updated RGAS to latest 1.2.2 version.
- Added bitarray support for tiled Tilemap TMX-CSV conversion to C.
- Fixed getRandom to output predictable random sequences