The SDCC C cross-compiler is now available in version 3.0.0. It is also possible to produce binaries for the Amstrad CPC with it (see this [[SDCC and CPC|CPC Wiki article]]). Here are the features of the final 3.0.0 version:
- sdcpp synchronized with GNU cpp 4.5.0
- changed z80 and gb targets object file extension to .rel
- special sdcc keywords which are not preceded by a double underscore are deprecated in sdcc version 3.0.0 and higher. See section ANSI-Compliance in sdccman
- xa51 and avr targets are disabled by default in sdcc version 3.0.0 and higher
- introduced new memory model huge for mcs51 to use bankswitching for all functions
- removed generation of GameBoy binary image file format, rrgb map file format and no$gmb sym file format from sdld linker. Utility makebin generates GameBoy binary image file format, utility as2gbmap utility converts sdas map file to rrgb map and no$gmb sym file formas.
- implemented __builtin_offsetof
- asxxxx / aslink renamed to sdas / sdld and synchronized with ASXXXX V2.0
- majority of sdcc run time library released under GPL+LE license
- introduced –use-non-free command line option
- non free (non GPL compatible) header and library files moved to non-free directory
- deprecated –no-pack-iram command line option
As always you can download it from the SDCC homepage.
[…] who has just launched his new website, is writing a tutorial on how to use the SDCC compiler with the Amstrad CPC. You can use the links below to get directly to Norecess’ article. […]