OffseT released a new version of his emulator for the MorphOS operating system. It emulates the Amstrad CPC old generation and the Amstrad Plus, too. The emulator was written from scratch, so it isn’t just a port of an existing open source Amstrad CPC emulator. Due to its very precise audio and video renderings, ACE should be your first choice to watch demos.
If you are a MorphOS user and want to use your Amstrad CPC software under MorphOS, don’t hesitate and download it from the ACE homepage
- Migration from gcc 4 to gcc 5
- Fixes in CRTCs emulation.
- Added new APIs in the plugin interface.
- Added new plugins for Kempston and AMX mice.
- Added new plugin for joysticks (replaces internal emulation).
- Fixed version string of the executable (it prevented Grunch from detecting ACE version).
- Fixes in snapshots handling.
- Fixes in tape to hard disc interface.
- Automatic reconfiguration of the floppy disc drives depending on the inserted disc image.
- Fixed a bug in ASIC SSCR mask.