Arkos released a new Beta version of their cross-plattform tracker “Arkos Tracker”. With the Arkos Tracker you can compose your chiptune music for the Amstrad CPC (and a variety of other computers), compile them and use the player for the specific system. The sound playback is done via emulation of the AY-3-891x soundchip on your PC or directly on an Amstrad CPC via the CPC Booster+.
- Complete coding of the sound generating and outputing by myself. The emulation is more accurate, and will allow the implementation of samples and Sids in the future.
- Plug in your best MIDI Keyboard or any MIDI-In device, play and record your music with it!
- 150hz and 300hz replay modes are now available. They are very slightly slower than on a real CPC. Nothing you should notice…
- CPCBooster output is now very accurate.
- Ability to save Interleaved/non-Interleaved YM6 format.
- AKStoBin: a command line software to converts any AKS song into a binary to use on hardware (warning, you still need .Net to use it).
- STKtoAKS: a command line software to converts any STarKos songs into an AKS song (warning, you still need .Net to use it).