Targhan has just released a new version of his great music tracker STarKos. The new version can be (as always) downloaded as ROM or disk version from Grim’s Wiki pages (btw. have a look at them, they are an awesome CPC documentation collection, too).
Changelog for version 1.2:
- Highlight of every X lines in the pattern editor (customisable).
- A few colorsets.
- Ability to find a new and unused track in the Linker (U key)
- The players could alter one byte in the memory in rare occasions. DO NOT USE THE PREVIOUS PLAYERS ANYMORE !
- The player generator could save on drive A when it should save on B.
- When generating a song, the Execution in the header gives its start (but the Start remains unusable).
- In very rare occasions, the current instrument could be destroyed after a disc access.
- Modifying the second or third track would not validate the change if the first one was pointing the same track.
- File selecting shifted bug corrected.
- Wrong looping behaviour corrected.
- Clipboard buffers were not set correctly. I had to shrink a bit the manual clipboards (Shift+F7/F8/F0).
- Better disc code. No more crashes, and a little faster.
- … A lot of tiny bugs corrected.
- Bigger pattern editor.
- Shift+Control + Up/Down on a note to increase its octave.
- Q on a transposition to invert the sign.
- Del on a transposition to set it to 0.
- Ask to confirm when erasing a file.
- Numbers of song/instruments on a disc written in decimal.
- In the Instrument Editor, F0/. copy the line by default instead of creating an empty line.
- Prevent the cycling of the notes when playing the highest keys.
- You can set a different ùuser when running STarKos and the Generators, and the programs will use it.