SAMdisk is a tool to convert floppy disks into various disk images which can be used in emulators. It works with almost all PC floppy controllers and supports also some copy-protected formats. It requires that you have fdrawcmd.sys, a low-level floppy disk driver, installed on your system.
You can download the latest version from the SAMdisk website.
- Largely re-written again, for non-uniform track support
- Added +3 protections: Speedlock weak sectors, OperaSoft 32, various motor bug fixes
- Added CPC protections: Speedlock/EA weak sectors, Infogrames/Loriciel gaps, KBI-10, KBI-19
- Added support for many disk image containers, including EDSK, TD0, DMK, IPF
- Added support for zip, gzip and bzip2 archives using zlib1.dll and bzip2.dll
- Added directory support for MGT, TR-DOS, Opus, Didaktik and Amstrad CP/M
- HDD support for drives up to 2TB, with improved lock/dismount and safety checks
- Changed to Unix-style getopt for command-line options
- Removed embedded fdrawcmd.sys driver