A new version of the HxC floppy emulator software for Windows was released in version 22.214.171.124. Besides some non Amstrad CPC releated features, it contains the possibility to add DSK files to the batch converter export list now.
The HxC floppy emulator is a device, which emulates a floppy disk systems by using disk images, which are contained on a SD card. It is the defacto standard for Amstrad CPC users to replace the internal or add a new 3″ drive. Thanks to Norecess’ great HxC floppy configuration software, it is nicely integrated into the system of the Amstrad CPC and very easy to use.
You can download the latest version from the HxC floppy emulator homepage.
Changelog for v126.96.36.199
- XML format definitions: Korg DSS1 DD disks added.
- XML format definitions: Emax II disks added.
- Command line tool: USB loader -> Raw loader added.
- Amstrad DSK file added to the batch converter export list.
- New Writer: Thomson *.FD writer.
- Thomson *.FD loader fixed: Side 1 ID corrected to 0.
- D88 Writer fixed: Cylinder and Side ID correctly set.
- ImageDisk (*.IMD) export: Deleted data mark and data CRC error flags supported.
- FAT12/16 Disk browser: Entries First cluster readback corrected. (With high word uninitialized).
- IMG loader: More disk sizes support added.
- DosDiskBrowser: 1.743MB & 1.764MB added.
- 64bits systems: Batch converter and Dos Disk browser issues fixed.
- MacOS X & Linux version: file export -> Auto-append the file extension.
- Track editor: Disk flux stream reverse function.
- Track viewer & editor: GUI layout changed/updated.