You still love to write programs with the awesome Locomotive BASIC that was delivered directly with the Amstrad CPC? Maybe you still have a BASIC program that you want to run on a modern computer without using an emulator? Great! Then Marco Vieth, well-known for his CPC emulator CPC-Emu, has a solution for you: CPCBasic. It can run you BASIC program in a webbrowser (serverless) and sends its output to the HTML canvas.
To learn more about CPCBasic, head over to the CPCBasic GitHub page and test it by yourself.
- Run old an new BASIC programs in a browser
- “Wrap factor” Speed: Frame Fly and other events in real-time, calculations as fast as possible
- CPC Basic Unchained: Less restrictions, extended by new features, breaking out of the CPC box
- BASIC compiler and not just interpreter
- Lots of memory, no memory full
- Runs locally without a server (even on mobile devices, but without input)